Get Involved: You
Interested in getting involved with Cosmia Magazine? We’d love to hear what you have to bring to the table!
If you think you have something that’d make a good story for Cosmia Mag, let us know! We would love to hear you out!
We ask a few things. Pretty PRETTY please keep in mind our editor in chief has a crazy busy life and is the one that reviews all incoming applications, stories, etc. She is a full time student and the website is a huge job for her (not to mention she writes for several other sites!) We promise we will get to you because every story deserves a good look!
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org what you would like to submit. In the subject line please write “Piece for Submission”. In the BODY OF YOUR EMAIL let us know what we’re reading before the piece starts (just a short description of what the goal of the piece was, how it fits into our site, etc.)
If you are submitting an essay, short story, etc. include TWO paragraphs that are representative of the piece and briefly describe the rest in a few sentences. Attach the document as a PDF or GOOGLE DOC (make sure to give us access to view the document! This is important!) All pieces need to be a minimum of 1,000 words, anything shorter than that should only be a poem.
If you are submitting photos, please attach them at a reasonable size so the files aren’t huge. This way they’re much easier to open. If you are submitting a “gallery” of photos, please attach a few that are indicative of the whole work/ set. If we are interested, we can worry about getting all the photos from you after the first step.
If you want to submit something read all of that above and then email us at email@example.com.
Other things we want:
- Current event pieces on cool stuff that’s happening right now (I.E. : Cool festivals, events happening in the world you think Cosmia readers would dig, or interesting news stories that apply to women’s lifestyle).
- We love working with other zines so email us if you want to work with us! We would love to work together and maybe do a guest piece or something on Cosmia.
- If you have artwork for us and think your illustrations would look awesome on the site, send us a link where we can see your work and we’d be happy to take a look.
- You want us to listen to some of your music and possibly to an artist spotlight for your band/ yourself.
Please do not email us more than once, it just backs up the process. Also, please don’t submit work through Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, etc. It’s not the appropriate place to submit it.
Interested in becoming a permanent staff member for Cosmia Magazine? Here’s what we need from you:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. In the subject line write “Staff Member Request”.
- A bio about who you are, what makes you awesome, and what you’re doing with your life.
- Your resume.
- A photo of yourself (Headshot please! It doesn’t have to be professional but we’d like to see who we’re talking to!)
- A sample of your writing (approximately 1,000 words). Please choose something that will fit into one of our categories and you think could be on the site in the future!
- Your contact information (email, phone number, name, etc.)
If you have any more general questions, please also contact us! email@example.com is where you can email us to find out any more general information, for the press, etc.